Luigis

For all things relating to Ashes to Ashes

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: My 3.8 filming photos
Unread postPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:59 pm 
He goes boom, he goes boom

:BowDown: :BowDown:

What a truly amazing set of pics there Bloo. And explains so much about why you appeared high as a blimmin' kite on party night. :lol:

Thank you too, for sending me a little souvenir of the experience. :love4:

Unread postPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:08 pm 
Mind like a sewer

The pics are brilliant, and I am so, so pleased to be the owner of a little piece of Gene's beloved red stallion even though it is now no more. :SadBlue:

Part of it will live on on my mantle shelf forever.

Thank you BJ, it means a lot. :grouphug:

Hugs to Kimi_87 for the brilliant banner....

Proud member of the Glenister Gang! :)

Unread postPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:42 pm 
Drunk in charge of handbag

Great pics

here's JLY in her new home

Unread postPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:17 pm 
not nervous just cautious

That's so reassuring! At least one Quattro made it back :biggrin

Al again, it's 'special' :)

Unread postPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:27 pm 
Bum Conkers

Well glad to see the stunt quattro got repaired after the shoot of the last episode but what about the main one first used in the show, I mean what happened to that one after the show ended?

you can tell its the stunt quattro because the stunt has a sunroof while the main one doesn't, this is the main one:
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/429/ ... 109mp4.jpg

Unread postPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:56 pm 
Bum Conkers

Lovely to see the Quattro in a loving home. I hope that the BBC keep it in that location for some time.

Amazing photos!
I'm so jealous and yet so happy! It all looks incredible.

* Jim Keats Fan
Tumblr

Unread postPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:49 pm 
Sitting On The Washing Machine

Location: Isle of Wight (Yes, I heard what you said Hunt!!) ;)
Kavinsky wrote:
Well glad to see the stunt quattro got repaired after the shoot of the last episode but what about the main one first used in the show, I mean what happened to that one after the show ended?

you can tell its the stunt quattro because the stunt has a sunroof while the main one doesn't, this is the main one:
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/429/ ... 109mp4.jpg

I think you'll find that's probably the decent quattro as they fitted a 'fake' sunroof to it for continuity.
The shot up one was a total wreck by the time it was finished with.

Luigis - Rising Up To The Challenge Of Our Rivals! :thumbsUp:

Check out Luigis YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/LuigisA2AForum
LuigisA2A on Twitter!

Unread postPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:01 pm 

The picture above is of the original car used (APH 55Y) HWX 930Y is the car that was used for the stunts. It was used for the jump in episode 1 of the final series this bent that car badly and it was only used for in car shots after that . The car at the BBC has a fake sunroof on it , it's a stuck on piece of rubber

Unread postPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:45 am 
Bum Conkers

Ah so the damage from the jump was far more serious than I considered then, well... atleast the old stunt quattro went out with a bang rather than a wimper.

Thanks for clearing that up, I figured there was a chance that they either added on a fake one like you discribed or simply had it added to the first one for continuity.

Unread postPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:52 am 

From a man who knows ................

"It was HWX that got the treatment in tonights episode, but it was pretty much a write off before that point. It had always been their intent to kill off the Quattro in the last ep, it was even discussed as early as the start of the filming of series 2. The plan was always to buy a dog of a car or rolling shell and either crash it, blow it up, roll it, or whatever the writers decided.

However the first ep - series 3 the director wanted that jump, he was a real hard nosed bloke who’s used to getting what he wanted and despite everyone pointing out that it would probably kill the car he wouldn’t back down. He had a vision of a massive chase scene with the Capri while the Sex Pistols Anarchy in the UK blared out as the soundtrack. On the recce I was asked how high we could jump without writing it off. My best guess was an 18 inch kicker ramp at about 25mph and it should survive, anything more and they risk losing a £5k asset. However on the actual shoot day everyone looked at the set and said it wouldn’t look impressive enough so the ramp was raised to about 40 inches and the speed was decided at 45mph. As the ramp was at the top of the slope I figured the car would probably hit the ground from 6ft up and I told them that they would almost certainly render the car useless, but the director wanted the big jump and the Kudos head honchos gave in. I managed to cobble on a sump guard and fitted some bump stops while they were building the ramp but I kind of knew I was pi$$ing in the wind.
Despite the stunt riggers putting 200lb in the boot it still landed hard on its nose and to cap it all the cameras (all 4 of em) were positioned wrongly and missed the main flight of the car. The director wanted to go again but my main problem was that the oil cooler had a half brick lodged in it and I didn’t have time to swap the one off APH. But the car was seriously twisted, it had kinks at the top of the B posts and as a result the roof had buckled either side of the the sunroof. The OS chasis leg was about an inch higher than the NS and the OS suspension turret had torn away from the inner wing.

So the future of HWX was decided, they’d use it for interior shots and as a parts doner for APH and come the finale that would be the car that takes the final bow. If you look at the photo of the shot up car that was in the press you can see that the OSF wheel is too far back and has a serious amount of camber."

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:15 pm 
Bum Conkers

Well, six months on and there is good news! HWX is not only saved from destruction, it is now almost completely restored, sporting as much of the 'damage' from the finale as possible while maintaining a drivable state.

It's not for me to tell the story, I am merely the 'web assistant' to the man who let his heart rule his head and took HWX in to rule his life for the past months. There will soon be a website celebrating HWX 'rising from the ashes'... http://a2aquattro.net

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:12 pm 
He goes boom, he goes boom

Thanks for keeping us posted. I am delighted that it has been saved. :YAHHHH:

My Ashes to Ashes fanfics:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/772884/HeidiT

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:51 pm 
not nervous just cautious

That looks a pretty good job considering the amount of major damage to the chassis not to mention the 'cosmetic' damage :thumbsUp:
Thanks for the update Zed it's much appreciated.

Al again, it's 'special' :)

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:48 am 
Doolally Captain of the upper 5th

Zed wrote:
Well, six months on and there is good news! HWX is not only saved from destruction, it is now almost completely restored, sporting as much of the 'damage' from the finale as possible while maintaining a drivable state.

It's not for me to tell the story, I am merely the 'web assistant' to the man who let his heart rule his head and took HWX in to rule his life for the past months. There will soon be a website celebrating HWX 'rising from the ashes'... http://a2aquattro.net

The website doesn't work (anymore) - does anyone know what happened to the quattro?

Thanks,

Jessie